Tossa is a particular strain of Jute, the Corchorus olitorius. The 100% natural fibres are two or three shades darker than those used in the asanawa range. Made from pure jute, this rope is extremely supple when broken in. Even in its raw state, this rope is highly favoured; especially by bottoms who enjoy the courser feel of the fibres while the rope is 'freshly' brought.
This tighter layed tossa is also stronger than our other jute alternatives and due to the extremely high quality manufacturing there is no need to put this jute rope through any conditioning as it will break in very quickly. If you would like to speed the process up, we'd recommend this quick conditioning method.
We’ve selected this delightful rope specifically because we wanted a prime choice for experienced riggers with high expectations. Due to the darker shade this rope is exceptionally visually appealing on lighter skin tones, and it is immediately identifiable as a premium organic choice, one that provides the bottom an unmistakable experience through both smell and texture of natural jute rope. To really capitalize on the beautiful feel this rope offers, we encourage you to oil the rope, and we have found that this fibre response particularly well to Jojoba Oil.
Ideal for all three bondage disciplines, this twisted jute rope is constructed in the traditional 3 plait twist. Whether you identify with kinbaku, shibari or hojojutsu once this rope is part of your rigging arsenal you will be a true advocate for jute rope.
Batch Notes: Batch 11 - June 29, 2013 to Present
There are two characteristics that have changed noteably in our most recent batch of Tossa Jute:
1. The tossa fibres are lighter than our previous batches - the hue of this batch is only ever so slightly
more golden than Bangla varity use in our Asanawa range.
2. The diameter is close to 0.5mm smaller, meaning the rope is slightly thinner than previously sold
Warning: most natural fibre ropes are not rated against loading strength and we always advise against making any assumptions about the breaking point of natural fibre ropes. You should always avoid putting anyone at risk and regularly check your ropes for wear.
- Nice! Review by Kalpesh
- Beautiful stuff. I'll be buying more now. (Posted on 6/7/12)
- beautiful rope Review by Michael
- This rope looks and feels great. Great quality jute for a great price. This rope is pro. (Posted on 5/9/12)
- Thanks Review by JJ
- Very appreciative of the extra effort you wen't to in getting me this rope. I'm exstatic with the product and whole heartedly endorse it to anyone who wants soem great jute. (Posted on 3/23/12)
- I lIke it! Review by Mahjong
I'm not sure where to start. Very impressed. This is nothing like any other rope I've tied with before. And I've paid a lot more. I'll be back for a lot more of this!
(Posted on 3/18/12)
Write Your Own Review